RULES FOR 2021 STATE FAIR PRODUCTS BEING SOLD AT THE IHPA BOOTH
1. There will be a 4-Person committee including the booth manager.
2. Applications must be sent by email to all 4 committee members: Kris Silvers Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org, Ed St. John email@example.com, Heidi Love firstname.lastname@example.org, and Doyle Kincy email@example.com 3. A copy of Application shall be sent by USPS (United States Postal Service) to Doyle Kincy; 7304 Monroe Ct. Urbandale, IA 50322
4. Firm cutoff date of June 1, 2021 (must be postmarked by this date)
5. The committee will meet on June 19, 2021 Place to be determined. The meeting will be held in a predetermined neutral place. The general IHPA membership will be allowed to witness. Watch facebook and website for location
6. All liquid and comb honey is to be from 2021 harvest (Except honey for lemonade)
7. All glass honey containers and creamed honey containers must have a protection seal.
8. All plastic honey containers must have a pressure seal. (This includes all large containers) 9. All products must show proper labeling ( Supplier, name, city, phone #)
10. Any item not listed on the application sheet or any specialty items you wish to market at the IHPA State Fair Booth needs to be approved by the booth manager by the committee deadline. ( June 1,2021) 11. ALL CONTAINERS NEED TO BE CLEAN, NON STICKY; AND ARE SUBJECT TO REJECTION BY BOOTH MANAGER. 12. Honey for the Honey Lemonade (50-pound buckets) will be a sealed bid only. Low bid takes it all. 13. Pollen must have a “US Pollen” label
14. Due to the time frame of honey styx production it will be a one year commitment starting 2022. 15. These rules will be reviewed by the board annually.
16. ALL HONEY MUST BE FROM IOWA ORGINS
17. One application per household. Must be current IHPA member.
1) There will be one person that will have a sole class of honey or item based on price list. For example: one person will have ALL 24 oz. bears for the state fair based on price list. If 2 or more producers apply for that item, it will be decided by a draw, winner will take the whole class.
2) You will only be allowed to win every other draw, however if you are the only one that entered that class you will get the class and be eligible for the next draw.
3) Draw order is per list on application sheet
4) If you win any sole class you ARE NOT eligible for case lots, however, if you are not chosen in the draw for any of the sole classes, you will be eligible for case lots but you must have it on your application sheet if you are wanting to supply those.
1) All beeswax products (candles, ornaments, blocks, soaps, lotions, lip balms etc.) must be packaged to maintain cleanliness and for presentation. (This will be the booth managers discretion)
2) Please submit a list of what you would like to market at the Iowa State Fair for 2021. Please provide a phone number where you may be reached if committee has questions.
3) You are only allowed to supply a maximum of 4 scents of each product.
CREAMED AND FLAVORED HONEY RULES: MUST BE IOWA HONEY:
1) Flavored honey and creamed honey must come from a certified kitchen.
2) A copy of the license must be on file with the booth manager and booth manager must have them with them at the state fair. (License must be attached or mailed with application package)
3) If more than one person is wanting to bring a flavor, a draw will decide who brings the flavor
4) You are required to provide a 1 once sample, by committee deadline, if you wish to bring pure creamed honey. (MUST HAVE SAMPLE TO DOYLE KINCY BY NOON ON JUNE 19, 2021)
1) The purpose of the case lots is a way for the small beekeeper to provide honey to the fair. 2) Case lot classes are 1-pound glass, 1-pound plastic and the 12-ounce bear
3) Case lots will be in case quantities of 24 bottles
4) You may bring no more than 4 cases of each class.
5) Minimum is one case of 24 for a class.
6) If you do not win any of the ‘Sole Class” categories then you will be eligible for case lot. (This must be marked on your application to be considered)
7) Clean up rule: In the event the required quantity cannot be fulfilled through the case lot system, those participating in the “sole class” will be encouraged to help supply the additional quantity needed of each class through a draw. (One person per class decided by draw if needed.) These items will not be placed out until after Day 5.
CUT COMB, ROSS ROUNDS and CHUNK HONEY:
1) Must be in a sealed container
2) Must be well-drained without liquid honey(Chunk honey excluded)
3) Quality standards will be used (clean capping with all the cells capped)
4) Needs to weigh at least 14-ounces(Chunk honey excluded)
5) MUST be frozen for a minimum of 48 hours prior to arriving at the Iowa State Fair, subject to rejection, booth manager’s discretion. (Chunk honey will need to be frozen as well.)
DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS:
1) All products must be delivered to IHPA booth at the Iowa State Fair
2) Product must be delivered between Sunday to Wednesday hours are as follows: Sunday Noon-6PM, Monday 10AM-6PM, Tuesday 10AM-6PM, Wednesday 10AM-6PM (unless other arrangements are made with the booth manager)
3) YOU MUST PROVIDE AN INVOICE WHEN PRODUCT DELIVERED AND EVERYONE MUST COMPLETE A W-9. (W-9 will be provided on site.)
4) Please make plans to pick up unsold product on Sunday evening 8PM-10PM or Monday between 8AM NOON. (unless other arrangements are made with booth manager)
For Application click